Thursday 23 July 2009

Motivation: The Challenge!




I've been trying to get to the Challenge for this week over at Daring Cardmakers. It was quite simple - fairies. Well if you read yesterday's post, forgive me for being repeptitive, but I have no fairies. And no imagination to do anything about it! But I do enjoy the challenges over there, they stretch me a little and I thought this week I would make something because frankly, I should have time. (I have got time, for heaven's sake, I can turn getting showered and dressed into a full time job!). Anyway, here I am at 8:41 am. I'm off to do a bit of workshop conducting this morning, so had the alarm set for about half an hour after Mr Dunnit soundlessly leaves the bed, the bathroom, the house. I do not know how he does it. But it means I am always on the look out for a packed suitcase the night before - he could leave me and I wouldn't hear! Anyway, there I was in semi-conscious mode, mulling over the day to come. The realisation that it's the last day for the fairy challenge didn't quite get me out of bed, because the card on the left has been finished for a couple days. The fairy on the right, from my mega kit by the Crafthouse Press did it. I came very close to leaping out of bed so that I could rush downstairs and make a card that fit the challenge criteria! Now I don't really do leaping, let alone rushing. Blimey. And you'll probably be unsurprised to know that Mr Dunnit heard me coming down the stairs because I can't do it silently - and actually came to the foot of the stairs to check he'd heard right. You'll also be sympathetic to the fact that when he 'd finished acting out a ridiculous double take and staggering around the hall pretending to be in shock, I chose NOT to tell him what had motivated my early rising. Huh.
I've had a cup of much needed coffee, some toast, made a card, photographed it, blogged and unloaded the dishwasher. Gosh, perhaps today is going to be a 'doing day'.

12 comments:

Carmen said...

LOL! I think we def must be sistahs! You and hubby sound just like Craig and me. It was worth the early rising though, card is of course gorgeous!

As for my question, I take it foam is a must then ;)My stamp is just under 4.5" X 3.5" so quite big ;/ I'll have a shufty round the pound shops see what I can find - thank you for your lovely offer though :D

Angie said...

Those cards are brilliant and so different ...fav is the toadstool one because of the image. The rest of your post just made me warmly smile. Yep I can make doing very little an art form ...if in the mood ...and somehow the hours just slip by with no effort lol

Teresa said...

Not so in this house Mrs, I am usually the first up, but it is reversed if M gets up and going before I do lol.

Thanks for the kick up the you know where last night, Mojo came for a visit and I will be blogging the results later :)

Lythan said...

I LOVE your post! And your cards are adorable too

Anonymous said...

Love the angel card. Can you do it in class??? Please please!!!
lady Nurse

Kathy said...

Well done you for finding that fairy! No fairies in this house either - unless you count the Ironing Fairy, the Cooking Fairy, The loo-Cleaning Fairy and all the other Housework Fairies that my hubby still believes in....

Thanks for joining in this week, great to have you playing along with us

Julie said...

Love the cards.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, your trees are just fab and fairy is so cheerful! :)

Vanessa.

ally fiddy said...

Loe the cards, especially the toadstool house one, can I borrow?
:-)

Lyn said...

You really made me chuckle with visions of your DH B doing the double-take and staggering around the hall. I had visions of him clutching his heart, but perhaps that's just my DH (bearing in mind that when I get up on a work day at SIX AM, he is already downstairs, done stuff and my breakfast and cuppa is already waiting and on a Saturday when I surface, he has already been to work and usually on his way home!)

Dunno why, but I thought you would have had fairies, but I LOVE your cards!

Ginny said...

lol...always get a good laugh over here..love love LOVE this card :0)

and boy do you have eagle eyes, yes my phone is out of its case and yes your sticker is on the lamp to remind me to check that was your addy...lol

Anonymous said...

[url=http://genericzoloft.cricket/]generic zoloft[/url] [url=http://zoloft.host/]cheap zoloft[/url] [url=http://citalopram-hydrobromide.eu/]citalopram for ocd[/url]