Thursday 2 December 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like - well, you know!

Y'all know about my good friend and supporter ElElJan (Lunch Lady Jan). She who caters at the 2 Scrap Ladies events is also a nimble and imaginative sew-stress. I wanted you to see some of the Christmas stock that she's been selling - of course she has some left and of course if you want to investigate further, you need only email me from the link on the right. Meantime, feast your eyes; how about this spotty furry stocking with a blingy lining - honestly, I could have spotted this as one of ElElJan's creations from 500 yards - it's so her to put bling and mono together. It's lovely; she suggests it's perfect for the sort of present that comes in a jeweller's presentation box...large, nuggety things - you know. Not saucepans.A santa sack - not outrageously huge but perfectly lovely when a stocking is too small but not as pedestrian as the pillowcase that we somehow end up using on Christmas Eve as my grown up child gets into a panic about missing out! This is lined in a lovely contrast as you can see....somehow I can find other uses too - currently it would house the pile of hats and gloves that are strewn about my hall and stairs...now that would be so much nicer hanging off the stair post thingy, wouldn't it. Hmm....
A table runner - ElElJan calls this the table Jogger because it's not as long as some of her others. (Like the one I bought before she could finish unfolding it, for example. Now currently adorning my coffee table and making it look as if I may have given decorating the lounge some consideration already!)

How about the bunting? It's so lovely I can't bear it being in someone else's ownership. And so lovely of Jan because she gave me 2 lengths of each size to festoon the conservatory with. And as you can see, we eat in the conservatory, so it needs festooning and these will be perfect - I love bunting, it's redolent of all sorts of good times, huh! So that's me cheered up on this cold and finally snowy day. It's been a week alright.
Thanks for putting me right about WOYWW - it was 78....I didn't change the prompt when it came up - how fast does it pop up - it must be about 2 seconds after you start typing and another 2 seconds to change it. And I forgot. No wonder it's been a week!

No news on the button jar yet, but tomorrow night looks good for a hunt - I'l be panic preparing for the crop, so most of the cupboards and drawers will be getting a going through again!!

21 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Julia
oh wow what fabulous creations, luv the little bag, sue,x

Jay said...

Lovely stuff there from Lunch Lady Jan. Wonder if she could bring some to the crop! I would quite like a table runner (or jogger, whatever).

Anne said...

love all the Christmas Creations from Jan !!!
Great stuff !!
Anne xxx

KanataNewf said...

delicious! Makes me want to pull out the sewing machine and my stash of christmas fabrics!

Angela said...

Very fun! Love the bunting especially -- too trendy!!

misteejay said...

Great sewn bits & pieces.

You do know that your button jar will be found when you are looking for something else, don't you...it must be hiding on purpose to cause you angst.

Toni :o)

Pam said...

What on earth is in that plump little Santa Sack? I hope it is something soft because it looks ready for a squeeze! And a table jogger - I like your friend Lunch Lady Jan! If I were that button jar I'd be gettin a little nervous about now. The party might nigh be over. Did you check the Santa Sack???

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

ooh love the santa sack! now that would look nice filled with presents for moi!! lol Speaking of which there is apresent for you on The Artistic Stamper Creative blog :))
Hugs x

Stressed Stamper said...

especially like the santa sack - mine use pillow cases but as they get older the presents get smaller and dearer, and I cheat wrapping in bigger boxes to fill the pillowcase...
hugs
Sarah x

Milliesmarvels said...

These are all beautiful!
Jane
x

Lynne said...

Love the santa sack, the sock looks fabby too. Love Lynne xx

Helen said...

She IS a talented sewer! (that is sew - er not sewer, LOL!) Seamstress, I will say. Love the santa sack - still miss mine, and I'm 51... we're all kids at heart! Have a good crop and I hope you find your buttons soon.

Annie said...

What a lovely lots of Christmas goodies.
A x

Zue said...

Hi Julia
Lots of lovely makes there to let us know it is not long now.
Have a great day

Sue xx

Anne said...

Bunting! It's divine - and I am a firm believer that you can never have enough bunting.

Pam said...

What a clever lady she is. Hugs Pam x

Scrapcollectr said...

Tell your friend there has been yet another appreciative comment about her marvelous sewing! Love that bunting! It is happy!

Kathy said...

Oh wow! these are all fantastic - especially love the sack and the bunting but they are all gorgeous

Carmen said...

Waaaaaw I wish I had known she was doing stockings - why didn't I think of her? Doh! Been looking everywhere for a nice one for my stocking swap. Will have to remember next year!

Carmen said...

LL Jan! START BLOGGING!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What awesome items your Lunch Lady Jan makes. The buntings are wonderful and so very festive. I've missed so much this week, I'm off to play catch up.