Monday 27 December 2010

On the third day of Christmas..




It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Oh sweet Groundhog Day, we're about to go to Mr Dunnit's family home and start again! But it's OK interweb, I'm ready, I can take it!
I thought you might like a brief insight into the glamour of a real blogger's Boxing day, as a sort of reality check against the previous days warm and rich family gathering. To make sure I deserved another day off today, I swept, hoovered, washed and then waxed the wood floor in our bedroom. You can't tell from the threshold, let alone from here, otherwise you'd be looking at a photo! This morning, it took me a while to work out why my knees feel bruised when I did my routine of crawling under the tree to turn on the lights! It's all glamour. How come I feel like this - that I need to offset the lovely with the erm, less lovely? Is it a gene? Have I, deep in my psyche got an inherited work ethic? Is it like pudding, you only get the nice stuff after you've eaten your greens and cleared your plate? Or is it a back log of outstanding jobs that makes me do these things on holiday days. Or maybe it's guilt. Mr Dunnit laughs and says it may be guilt, but it's just an overdue job really. Do it or don't do it. Philosophy I cannot possibly subscribe to - whatever the day....I'd do nothing!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For some reason, I think it's guilt, but I'm not sure. I know I can't do anything until I clean things and get everything in its proper place. Of course, I don't have an understanding husband, just a cat who demands clean digs! Have a wonderful boxing day vacation. Looks like you extended the weekend even more, if you are off tomorrow for your second bank holiday, too.

Chris said...

I think it's the inherent female guilt gene and I've cleaned out the fridge today so that I can happily do a bit of blog hopping :D. Wishing you all the best for New Year.

Sherry Goodloe said...

I have completed 3 loads of laundry today. That's about it for housework. And that's enough. LOL But here's MY question: how long am I going to eat these leftovers?!