Friday 20 May 2011

Now, buckle down and concentrate..


Here is Miss Dunnit, very very carefully snip snip snipping at the fringe of the red wig she intends to wear to an anime convention at the end of the month. She did a great job, and despite the odd shape of the finished fringe, it is exactly as the character wears it.
I'm working mojo free at the moment. Carrying on anyway because I have to and need to get these particular things done - doesn't it drive you mad when you have so many other things you'd rather be doing! But, I've taken Miss D's example and am trying to snip snip snip away at my list. It is diminishing, but good grief, it's a slow process. Is it because I've got time that I find myself working so slowly, or is it really my mojo-less-ness that's causing it? I dunno, but you'd think in the best part of a whole day I could manage more than 2 cards. Admittedly, I have to make sure they include some decent content and technique, and I've re-done both in square and other formats to see which I prefer, and I've taken into account the time they'll take for others to make and changed bits here and there, but ow....2 cards? And one of them is still undergoing 'drying time' because I used wet glue. Blah.
Here's a paper pieced bowl of fruit that is on a card for next week's workshop...not great snip snip snipping, but at least this is ready on time! Don't you just love the sketchy impressions from Artemio? Shopkeeper gal will hate this. She doesn't like non realistic being made out of realistic. I love it! So. I'm off to rummage through some magazines, always the best way to perk up my mojo....well, second only to a major clear up. But that is so not going to happen...it could be construed as the most massive feat of procrastination and I cannot possibly be accused of that. Today, anyway.
Have a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Miss Dunnit doing anythin this evening ... my fringe could do with a trim! As for the rest of your post ... I kind of lost track because John started reciting Rod Stewart facts and I had to get a blunt instrument to hush him up ... Lovely card!
I failed at all the desks by the way ... got as far as 103!!!

donnalouiserodgers said...

Today I made one page - which is less than two cards... there's always tomorrow.. as one procrastinator said to another...

Dx

misteejay said...

Looks like Miss Dunnit has done a fab job.

Don't worry Julia - it's the weekend - and clipping away at your 'to do' list will keep you heading in the right direction.

Toni :o)

Pam said...

I took a shower this morning. I thought that was a great accomplishment - two cards? People do that much? Oh, the hurrier I go...

Helen said...

Love your fruitbowl, I think they;re great stamps.. Good luck with the procrastinating...!

Pam said...

I've only managed one card in 3 days!!! Hugs Pam x

Claire said...

Lovely card Julia

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed with Miss D.'s fringe. Is that part of the hat project?

As for snipping away at your to-do list, I haven't made anything in days, and only when I've been forced to complete a specific project. So you are way ahead of the game where I'm concerned.

As for the card, I really like the bowl of fruit. It is something I might even use, if I were a "real" stamper.