Sunday 8 May 2011

What I did at the Crop by Julia Dunnit


Well actually.....after bagging me spot and making coffee for the first few, it's fair to say that I didn't do a lot! Although I remember always having something in front of me to do...I must have been horribly distracted. I was. I remember. Firstly by what everyone else was doing, then by what everyone else had brought to do and then by lunch. Then by a really nice class that Laura taught us, followed by cheesecake for tea, made by Mary Anne. Her frustrated culinary sciences were worth it, honestly. Yum.
After that, I decided to make a quick LO.And then it was time to go home. A productive day? Not really, but still one of the best. Especially the group discussions about the idea for a Crop recipe book. I'm going to save you the detail, the noise and all the opinions until I can compose something readable. It was intense. And if I wasn't so keen to get recipes for some of the pot luck dishes that we've enjoyed at the crop, I would drop the idea. But this time, me and that old dog tenacity are on side. For a while.

Here's a post PS: Mr Dunnit has just been in - I've been doing Invoices see, and I like him to check my sums. I warned him that I'm showing this LO - he already knows that I've previously blogged the whole sordid story. His comment, dry as ever:
'oh I see, you want the WORLD to hear about this before you can put it behind you where it belongs'
I simply state again, that if I die prematurely and therefore tragically, my scrap book efforts will record my life, thus giving my daughter a valuable insight into how to correctly achieve diamonds and romance. Because she will have a LO showing every how-not-to. He's still laughing. I assume that's because he thinks he's a romantic. Hmm, may have to make a romantic-O-meter at the next crop.

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a really FUN day, even if it wasn't all that productive. Of course, there was the eating, drinking (coffee and tea), talking, enjoying the company, and the ONE layout that made me laugh as hard as I did the first time I read about the big shiny chimney. I hope to read about your recipes soon, too.

JoZart Designs said...

Ah! but what great therapy and what fun to set you up for the week to come.
Hugs JoZarty x

Annie said...

Sounds like a goot time was had by all :-) Love the LO :-)
A x

Helen said...

I had forgotten about the chimney, so glad you have been able to immortalise it - if nothing else - in a great layout!

Kirsty.A said...

There's more than one kind of productivity! only fnished one LO at today's crop too, but I feel energised and inspired just from being there. Has to be worth it. I love this story (sorry, but I do) and it definitely needed scrapping

CoventryAnn said...

Laughed at the thought of a romantic-o meter being made Julia(hate to tell you my OH cooked heart shaped chocolate cupcakes today !!) ...maybe you could share this with Mr D in an effort to encourage him!!

Carmen said...

Oh I think you have a few more years of telling this story yet before it gets put behind you :D

Sounds like a perfect crop to me ;)

misteejay said...

At least you completed a LO...LOL

Sounds like a fab day and this post brings back lovely memories of your first comments about that big shiney thing.

Toni xx

Twiglet said...

I think my hubby had his R-O-M removed at birth!! Sounds like a good day out Julia!

Dragon said...

Sounds to me as though it was an almost perfect day... spent doing what comes naturally!!! And Mr. Dunnit is like my first (deceased ) hubby... not always fully cognicant of what goes on in our little worlds, eh???
Frankie
xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

At least Mr D doesn't want to sell you or to quote My Mr D 'rent you out'

men - they really don't think before they speak...

Dx

Angie said...

Every time you see that LO you will smile ... and remember lol.
What a fun use of that background paper btw.

voodoo vixen said...

Your Mr D is a bit of an innocent isn't he? He just doesn't get it that not only do you crochet little cute heffalumps but you also have the memory of one and are planning on dining out on this little number for many a year to come? 'put it behind you' indeed...LOL... nope, the evidence is now there for posterity!! ;)
I almost gave up on going to crops because I spent the entire time looking at what other people were doing, eating cake, chatting, eating biscuits, chatting, eating lunch, chatting.... then I realised that this is my day out!! I don't care I don't get anything done... its just great to sit with the girls and have fun (and eat cake)!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Sounds like a good get together even if you weren't so productive, it's all about having a good time and the cake is a bonus :-)
Anne xx

Lynne said...

Fabulous layout Julia. Sound like you had a great crop. Love and hugs Lynne xx

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love the LO especially how you have done the journalling with the letters. Thanks for a fab day on Saturday are we still doing a recipe book ?? Shall I bring it up at brthday bunny ha ha.

Hand is still agony and can't get to doctors until Friday so am not doing class this week - unless it's better. See you soon x

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry,
i'm all
KINDs
of distracted

by Cheesecake...


perhaps I need to be doing this crop thing...