Friday 16 January 2015

Inspiration....it cometh

I'm speaking quietly, just in case I nobble it, but I think I'm finished with the clearing up and sorting for now! So now my desk has that air of under use all of a sudden! But it's OK, I'm going to make a move very soon - I have the mood, I have the space and erm, Shopkeeper Gal has a workshop schedule with my name on it, which in reality is a set of deadlines. And there's nowt so inspiring as a deadline! 
Fun, not a recent LO though..consider it a decoy!
My friend the Homemaker has started Project Life and I must say I'm quite inspired by the basic idea myself.  I like to scrapbook the everyday and the 'now', far more than catching up with archived photos; becoming a scrapbooker has taught me a lot about myself! Things like PL have a habit of not being inspiration so much as an invitation to buy loads of well packaged and neatly co-ordinated stash that I don't need, so am proceeding with caution.  
Another friend (see, I DO have some) is Megan. She has set up a blog for 2015 called The Scrapbook 365. It's a challenge a day for the year, for scrapbookers.  But it's not the sort of challenge that requires commitment or a frenzy of making a layout everyday; it's more realistic than that. And I believe she lets you have a day off once in a while too. Better yet, Megan draws on other sources too, so visiting her may well save you from visiting a combined number of blogs!  
Another source of inspiration for me is new stuff. No doubt.  In my clearing out and sorting process, I've turned my scrapbook papers upside down, so the 'go to' selection is as old as the hills and therefore not in my memory. Which means I will be treating the designs like new and therefore using them.  It's a good plan.  Ask me about it after a couple of months if you don't see evidence of it being plastered all over this blog!

Whatever your inspiration, hope you get time to do something with paper this weekend.

13 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Ah, Project Life. I faffed about a bit with it last year, but decided I didn't like the 12x12 pages. Have switched to 6x8 and I'm liking it much more. All you really need are the page protectors. I've been making my own filler cards from paper and plain cardstock which I'm stamping on. Much more fun than a box of ready made cards.

fairyrocks said...

I think its a great plan to refresh your stash. The mustache LO cracks me up. I have started the process of reorganizing. Such a long way and 3 rooms later from the hatbox on the
kitchen table I started at. I have set up permanently in the farthest corner of our basement. I too have quite a stash. Lately I have been mooning over the purchased and piled. I like your idea. Keep smiling and creating.

Eliza said...

Ah we all have the best layer plans, but can we achieve them that's the ultimate question. As for your layout I love it, excellent and quite inspiring too.

Hugs Eliza

Beverley Baird said...

I've just been inspired by the Document Your Life journal project - and it's free! Great videos and prompts.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. What a perfect way to rejuvenate both your stash and your enthusiasm. Using old before new makes sense. I'll need to try that. Keep inspiring us, dear friend.

BTW, although not a scrapbooker, I simply adore both of those pages. You make beautiful ones, but they are not so heavily laden with needless embellishments, you need a pulley to lift them off the table.

Sue said...

Loving the LO.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

Helen said...

Love the layouts, especially the birds! Hope you enjoy joining in with this challenge when you find time!

trisha too said...

That IS a good plan! I really like these layouts--they're striking, but flat enough to fit in a page, too. Perfect!

:)

misteejay said...

You certainly seem to have a plan for moving on into 2015.
Love the LOs.
Toni xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Glad you managed to do all your sorting out. Can you just pop over here and do mine as well, please? I could not bring all my craft room down here and still have a dining room. I am working steadily through my room, a couple of boxes at a time, ditching stuff I have not touched for a couple of years and cannot remember why I ever bought them. My intention is to be able to craft upstairs but also to have a limited project amount downstairs to play with while watching TV etc. We woke up to a very light sprinkle of the white stuff today. Just hoping that is all we get, thank you very much. Have a good time sorting your Shopkeeper Gal stuff without a rush. xx Maggie

Megan said...

Huge huge thanks for the mention of my blog!! What a huge motivation for me!! I do hope you will all stop by!

Brenda B said...

Nice, simple LO's. I get inspiration from new stash too, only mine, as you know, isn't from last Christmas but the one before! We can all be normal together then!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I find just sorting through stuff to be inspiring. You see things and your brain "we could do this with that!" Now if you can just hold onto that until you are done sorting. I always thought that Project life and those pocket scrapbooks looked interesting but I haven't gotten over the once bitten twice shy thing from having a journal.